Thursday, October 8, 2009

IIT Delhi faculty forum accept sixth pay commission, others taking more time to consider.

With government's assurance that the pay structure norms could be relaxed by IITs, the IIT Delhi Faculty Forum has decided to accept the 6th Pay Commission package.

"We have been given a lot of assurance by the government. We expect that the assurances will be implemented. We are asking our faculty to accept the new package," Prof S S Murthy, president of IIT Delhi Faculty Forum, said.

The IIT Delhi Faculty Forum met for the last two days and passed a resolution yesterday for accepting the new package.

However, the All India IIT Faculty Federation president Prof M Thenmozhi said the faculty forum of a few other IITs are waiting for some more time till the clear picture emerges about how the IITs are going to implement the promises made by the government.

The IIT Faculty Federation had gone on a day-long fast on September 24 to protest certain "anomalies" in the pay structure. The faculty was protesting 40 per cent cap on promotion of professors to senior grade and provision of contractual appointment at entry level.

8 comments :

Unknown said...

Donot go for implementation till MHRD resloves the issue. Why not Goverdhan Mehta Comm. report can not be implemntated?

Why IIT want to dilute their brand image?

Why not IIT is taking lead to build the Indian Technical Education?

Anonymous said...

Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web site on a regular basis, this web page is really nice and the users are in fact sharing good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your
blog and wanted to say that I have truly loved surfing around
your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I'm hoping you write again very
soon!

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is wonderful i like studying your posts.
Keep up the great work! You realize, a lot of individuals are searching around for this information,
you could aid them greatly.

Anonymous said...

What's up to every body, it's my first pay a quick visit
of this weblog; this webpage contains amazing and in fact fine data in favor of visitors.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this website is loading very slow for
me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end?
I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

Anonymous said...

I simply couldn't go away your web site before suggesting
that I extremely loved the usual information an individual provide to your guests?
Is going to be again ceaselessly to check up on new
posts

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its good discussion about this post here at this website, I have read all that, so at
this time me also commenting at this place.

All the information published in this webpage is submitted by users or free to download on the internet. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this page and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All the other pages you visit through the hyper links may have different privacy policies. If anybody feels that his/her data has been illegally put in this webpage, or if you are the rightful owner of any material and want it removed please email me at "shyamali00@gmail.com" and I will remove it immediately on demand. All the other standard disclaimers also apply.

Blog Archive