Highlights of the new scheme :-
- There shall be three financial upgradations under MACPS counted from the direct entry grade on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years.
- Financial upgradation under the scheme will be admissible whenever a person has spent 10 years continuously in the same grade pay.
- The grade pay at the time of financial upgradation under MACPS can in certain cases where regular promotion is not between two successive grades, be different than what is available at the time of regular promotion. In such cases the higher grade pay attached to next promotion post in the hierarchy of the concerned cadre/organization will be given only at the time of regular promotion.
- The financial upgradation under the MACPS would be admissible up to the highest grade pay of 12,000 in PB-4.
- The pay shall be raised by 3% of the total pay in the pay band and the grade pay drawn before such upgradation. There shall be no further fixation at the time of regular promotion if it is the same grade pay as granted under MACPS.
"The Govt. has considered the recommendations of sixth central pay commission of introduction of a MACPS and has accepted the same with further modifications to grant three financial upgradations under the MACPS at intervals of 10, 20 and 30 years of continious regular service.
The scheme will be known as MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION SCHEME [MACPS] FOR THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVILIAN EMPLOYEES............"
..........READ THE FULL OFFICE MEMORANDUM.
BSNL STRIKE DEFERRED
After detailed discussions the following decisions have been arrived at:
1. Two months pay will be immediately paid as advance in addition to the 4 months pay advance already made.
2. New HRA will be paid immediately with effect from February 2009.
3. The wage negotiation will be expedited
4. 5 year periodicity for wage revision will be referred to DOT as required.
5. Pension orders issued as per VI CPC recommendations for BSNL retirees.. Management will make efforts to get the 50% IDA merger orders from DOT.
6. Contract Labour wage issue according to management is beyond scope of the BSNL. However we discussed the matter and asked the management to peruse the matter.
On the above basis, the United Forum has deferred the strike on 19th and 20th Strike.
It is only because of our strength, determination for struggle and support from all that the management has been compelled to agree as above.