Update on 28.11.09 : SBI Officers not happy with wage hike, may go to strike.
The State Bank of India (SBI) Staff Association has threatened to go on indefinite strike in mid-July after observing a two-day strike if the Centre failed to concede its just demands. This was stated by association chief secretary O N Bindroo after attending the Central Executive Committee meeting of the association here on Sunday. Talking to mediapersons here, he said that the bankmen would observe a day long strike on June 12 in support of their demands, including pay revision, job on compassionate ground and pension-related issues. The association is also opposing privatisation of bank and outsourcing. Bindroo said that PM Manhohan Singh had announced that recession had nothing to do with India. "The entire credit for this goes to the different banks operating in the country," he pointed out. He, however, lamented that despite all hard work by bankmen, they were denied their due. While maintaining that the employees of the Central government and public sector undertakings got 45 per cent wage revision, Bindroo said the Centre has offered only 15 per cent wage revision to the bankmen. Regarding job on compassionate ground, he said that the association had held talks with the Indian Bank Association (IBA) and it is the responsibility of IBA to implement it.
Source : The Times of India.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Viewers may share any information with the administrator in this email email@example.com.
Any news, if approved, may be published in this blog under his /her name.
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (330)
- ► 2012 (429)
- ► 2011 (419)
- ► 2010 (432)
- Bank Wage Revision : SBI employees' association th...
- Haryana govt releases enhanced DA for pensioners
- Special allowances extended for Central Govt Emplo...
- Annual Confidential Report is no more "secret".
- Bank wage bipartite : United Forum of Bank Unions ...
- Govt okays pension for all in paramilitary forces
- Modified ACP scheme announced.
- Guwahati University staff threaten pay protest
- Lok Sabha Election 2009 : National tally – party-w...
- Bank staff to strike on June 12
- Bank staff may have to bear at least 25% of pensio...
- Bihar college and University teachers are going to...
- Following Lt Cols, govt approves higher pay for Lt...
- Good News for Tripura : Pay Hike Notified.
- One Rank-One Pension : Govt. sets up panel
- MASSIVE HUNGER STRIKE & WALK-OUT BY BSNL WORKERS
- Punjab Pay Commission will be implemented entirely...
- ▼ May (17)
All the information published in this webpage is submitted by users or free to download on the internet. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this page and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. All the other pages you visit through the hyper links may have different privacy policies. If anybody feels that his/her data has been illegally put in this webpage, or if you are the rightful owner of any material and want it removed please email me at "firstname.lastname@example.org" and I will remove it immediately on demand. All the other standard disclaimers also apply.